By Nathan Anderson on Tue, 07/25/2023 - 11:09
Request for Quote (RFQ)
Full-Time Cultural Heritage Contract Photographer
The Smithsonian Institution (SI), Digitization Program Office (DPO) Imaging Services Team and the newly announced American Women’s History Museum (AWHM), in Washington D.C., are looking for a photographer with cultural heritage experience to document museum collections and museum objects under a year-long federal government contract. The objective of this contract will be to complete photography assignments requested of DPO & AWHI by creating, processing, delivering, and archiving publication-quality digital images of SI objects, in accordance with existing office, museum, and institutional standards. The start date is negotiable, but the need is immediate and the requirement for hiring is by Mid Sept. 2023.
Prospective candidates must be legally capable of working in the United States: be a U.S. citizen; possess a 'Green Card'; or already be in possession of a work permit. Registration in SAM(Federal government’s System for Award Management) is not required to submit a proposal, but is an asset: https://sam.gov/content/home
Important Dates & Info:
- Deadline for vendor proposals (your bid): August 25, 2023
- The majority of work will take place in designated workspaces (on site in DC) during standard business hours: Monday through Friday, between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm [EST]
- Working in tandem with the DPO Imaging Services Team Lead or independently
- Camera equipment, relevant software and training: (PhaseOne & Canon), studio lighting, and cpu, will be provided by SI-DPO.
· Full funding for OCIO-DPO/Imaging Services Contract Photographer will be $91,000.00.
o GS 9-3 FTE or equivalent for the duration of one (1) pilot year (12 consecutive months.) is estimated at $70,000.00
o 30% contractor cost of benefits is estimated at $21,000.00 Invoices will be bi-weekly not to exceed 40 hours per week; 80 hrs bi-weekly
To receive a copy of the RFQ & Statement of Work (SoW) documents please contact via email: